- Master of Science in Education, Widener University, 1989.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, West Chester State College, 1974.
- Pennsylvania State Senator, 19th District, 2020 – present.
- Pennsylvania State Representative, 156th Legislative District, 2016 – 2020.
- Mayor, Borough of West Chester, 2010 – 2016.
- Councilwoman, Borough of West Chester, 2006 – 2010.
- Vice President, Thomas Comitta Associates, Inc., Town Planners & Landscape Architects, West Chester, Pennsylvania, 1990 – Present.
- Teacher and Curriculum Specialist, Octorara Area School District, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1974 – 1985.
- West Chester University Political Science Department Legislative Fellow, 2019 – 2020.
- World Information Transfer, Inc., In General Consultative Status with the United Nations North American Regional Director, 1998 – 2009; Treasurer, Board of Directors, 1995 – 2009.
- National League of Cities, Leadership Training Council, 2006 – 2017; Vice Chair, 2009 – 2010.
- Pennsylvania Municipal League, 2006 – 2017; Board of Directors, 2014 – 2017.
- Brandywine Valley Scenic By-Ways Commission Appointed Member, Advisory Group, 2013.
- West Chester Community Campus Coalition, Co-Chair, 2008 – 2016.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Elected Official of the Year, Pennsylvania Library Association, 2020.
- Citizen of the Year, Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, 2019.
- Legislative Champion Award, Pennsylvania State Alliance of YMCAs, 2019.
- Dr. John H. Hewlett Award for Community Service, West Chester Henderson High School Black Student Union, 2017.
- Drum Major for Justice Award, Martin Luther King Commemorative Society, 2015.
- Women of Achievement Award, Chester County Marzo of Dimes, 2015.
- Distinguished Citizen Award, Marine Corps League, 2014.
- Commencement Speaker, West Chester University Graduate School, 2013.
- Distinguished Alumni Award, West Chester University, 2011.
- Bayard Rustin Award for Social Justice, West Chester University LGBTQIA+, 2011
- “Top 20 Women on the Move,” Main Line Today, 2011.
- United Nations Conference on Human Settlements, Istanbul, 1996.
- United Nations Conference on Population and Development, Cairo, 1994.
- United Nations Conference on Environment & Development, Rio de Janeiro, 1992.
- Health & Environment Conference, United Nations Conference Organizer and Student Facilitator, 1992 – present.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND SERVICE
- Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce.
- Rotary Club of West Chester.
- League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania.
- American Association of University Women.
- Marine Corps League Honorary Member.
- West Chester Film Festival Advisory Board.
- West Chester University College of Arts and Humanities, Dean’s Advisory Board, 2016 – present.
- West Chester University College of Visual and Performing Arts, Dean’s Advisory Board, 2007 –2016.